> Is there an entry to rubygarden that will point us to these goodies?
> The top page points nowhere, and without knowing the name of a page,
> it's hard to find stuff.
>
> Or is it just that I'm still fumbling in the dark?
I found them here:
From the main page (http://www.rubygarden.com/ruby) is a link to
CodingInRuby (http://www.rubygarden.com/ruby?CodingInRuby), which has
a link to EditorExtensions
(http://www.rubygarden.com/ruby?EditorExtensions)

So far, there are Vim, Emacs, TextPad, and VisualSlickEdit extensions
posted to the Wiki....

As far as using TextPad for coding, I've used it *alot* in the past,
and have friends that still do.  It's about one of the best general
purpose text editors there is.  I've not been using it recently
because I've managed to cage the windows beast and use Linux daily.
Due to that, I've settled on using Vi generally because I can count on
it being available most anywhere on most platforms.  I currently use
Visual SlickEdit in vi mode for most code work.  The only unfortunate
side effect is trying to type vi commands in Word and other editors
:-)

Thanks,

Guerry