On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:54:03 +0900, Eli Tucker <eli-news / nerdmonkey.com> wrote:
> Perhaps there isn't yet an IDE or editor for Ruby with auto-completion
> features like those seen in Microsoft Visual Studio, Jet Brains IDEA,
> or Eclipse?

Tim Sutherland had a nice description of the problems in this, and the
approaches necessary to make it more or less work (and I think it
could work quite nicely for most day to day work, but there will be
breakdowns).

> If not, I would be interested in hearing what other developers are using to
> create ruby code.

I use vim, including use of its text based completion (Ctrl-N).  This
completes the rest of the word/identifier I'm typing, and saves me
from getting typos in long identifiers (plus the typing, but that's
IMO less important.)

Eivind.
--
Hazzle free packages for Ruby?