Markus ha scritto:

> On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 08:54, trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:
>
>>On Monday 25 October 2004 11:35 am, Jamis Buck wrote:
>>|
>>| ASCII art will still suffer from accessibility issues, since a screen
>>| reader will not be able to read the ASCII art in any intelligible way to
>>| the user. :( However, it is an ingenious approach...I'm tempted to look
>>| into that, JFTHOI.
>>
>>There is no way to do otherwise for a captcha system. How would a blind person
>>every be able to use a captcha system?
>

>      Think creatively.  You could fairly easily come up with a text
> based captcha system that was screen reader friendly and had no external
> dependencies.  For example test riddles / story problems that would be
> dirt simple for a human but next to impossible for a program "in the
> general case" could be rather easily generated in pure ruby.
>
>     For example:
>
>           Three things that go "quack" landed in a circular pond
>           that was 10 meters across.  They found fourteen early shoes
>           and each of them ate as many as he wanted.  How many shoes
>           were left?

imho they could be even simpler, just have an array  of question/answer
things like
"enter 2 plus 2" "4"
"the color of a white horse" "white"
"4 letters, Read The Fricking Manual" "RTFM"
"the thing after 1 and 2 " "3"
no standard way for a bot to guess, and totally dumb for a user

>      I don't think so.  It's like the story of the two campers who see a
> bear*; we don't need to be impenetrable, just more trouble than it's
> worth, so they'll go elsewhere.
>
>       -- Markus
>
> * One of the campers takes off running, and the other quickly follows.
> So does the bear.  The second camper calls out "I don't think this was
> such a good idea; we'll never outrun that bear."  To which, the first
> responds, "I don't need to outrun the bear, I just need to outrun you."

I recall a t-shirt over thinkgeek that was "if you're with an halfing
and a dragon, remember, you don't have to outrun the dragon, you have to
outrun the halfling" :)