trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2004 10:52 am, David Ross wrote:
> | Actually I havent seen any type of anti-bot methods being applied,
> | someoen needs to create support via CAPTCHAs and see what happens. Yahoo
> | uses captchas and you don't see them whingin about it. Wikis are free
> | support systems via webpages, someone just build the damn support to
> | stop this moronic spam.
>
> How about an ascii-art based captcha? I'd be willing to take that route if
> that is preferable to more people.

I've got a PMC (poor man's captcha) that guards the comment submission
for my blog (http://www.jamisbuck.org/jamis, and click a 'comment' link
to see it). It's just plain text that must be entered backwards in a
text box. Easily circumvented, 'tis true, but I haven't had a single
spam comment on my blog since I implemented it.

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3 / email.byu.edu