Phlip ha scritto:
> gabriele renzi wrote:
>

>>trans. (T. Onoma) ha scritto:
>>

>>>I agree and CAPTCHA was my first suggestion. But the general take seemed
>
> to be
>
>>>against it, siting reasons of use and implementation, and that spammers
>
> would
>
>>>just find a way around it. I'm not so sure about these points, but
>>>nonetheless pre-moderating pages with new external links is simple
>
> enough and
>
>>>100% effective.
>>>

>>but this kills half of the goodness of the wiki..
>>I remain of the opinion that just stoipping the bots by changing the
>>post interface a little could be enough
>

> How can you change it so HTML won't use a <form> tag with a <submit> button?

no, but you can change the way values are passed, I think that a change
  as simple as renaming the name from 'text' to 'stuff' could suffice

> Automated Web page hits don't need to "look for" the Submit button, by
> pixels. They just parse a page and concoct an HTTP POST response.

see my previous message. UseMod is a perfect fit for a spambot, widely
used and standard interface.
I think that spamots just use it's edit form(I mean, they pass  value
'name' with their stuff added) withouth scanning more exactly.
That's why we don't see lots of links in the 'summary' notes, and
neither we find them  in 'alternative' wikis such as ruwiki or instiki.
but this is just my opinion I may be completely wrong :)