On Sunday 24 October 2004 09:49 am, gabriele renzi wrote:
| trans. (T. Onoma) ha scritto:
| > I agree and CAPTCHA was my first suggestion. But the general take seemed
| > to be against it, siting reasons of use and implementation, and that
| > spammers would just find a way around it. I'm not so sure about these
| > points, but nonetheless pre-moderating pages with new external links is
| > simple enough and 100% effective.
|
| but this kills half of the goodness of the wiki..
| I remain of the opinion that just stoipping the bots by changing the
| post interface a little could be enough

Half? I've done a lot of wiki editing, probably more than most. In all that
time I've added just over a handful of external links. This change only
effects pages with _new_ external links. So I do not see how this is any
where near "half". Do you honestly add an a new external link every other
time you edit/add a wiki page?

T.