trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:

>On Sunday 24 October 2004 06:29 am, gabriele renzi wrote:
>| David Ross ha scritto:
>| > I still think setting a link to trap the spammer in thier own db where
>| > no public changes are made and they view thier  changes are the better
>| > idea.
>|
>| I never understood this. A lone rider spamming some pages by hand is not
>| a problem, the wiki community can fix it easily.  Automated systems are
>| the real one, and should be fighted with some simple captcha.
>| Everything, IMHO, anyway.
>
>I agree and CAPTCHA was my first suggestion. But the general take seemed to be
>against it, siting reasons of use and implementation, and that spammers would
>just find a way around it. I'm not so sure about these points, but
>nonetheless pre-moderating pages with new external links is simple enough and
>100% effective.
>
>T.

Actually I havent seen any type of anti-bot methods being applied,
someoen needs to create support via CAPTCHAs and see what happens. Yahoo
uses captchas and you don't see them whingin about it. Wikis are free
support systems via webpages, someone just build the damn support to
stop this moronic spam.

David Ross
--
Hazzle free packages for Ruby?