On Sunday 24 October 2004 06:29 am, gabriele renzi wrote:
| David Ross ha scritto:
| > I still think setting a link to trap the spammer in thier own db where
| > no public changes are made and they view thier  changes are the better
| > idea.
|
| I never understood this. A lone rider spamming some pages by hand is not
| a problem, the wiki community can fix it easily.  Automated systems are
| the real one, and should be fighted with some simple captcha.
| Everything, IMHO, anyway.

I agree and CAPTCHA was my first suggestion. But the general take seemed to be
against it, siting reasons of use and implementation, and that spammers would
just find a way around it. I'm not so sure about these points, but
nonetheless pre-moderating pages with new external links is simple enough and
100% effective.

T.