Speaking of attacks, I jumped over to the Garden Wiki just now and see that
the front page is spammed to the hilt and all the RecentChanges are nothing
but spam entries. So then I check out the PreventingWikiSpam page (which I
started) to see what was new there. There I find this interesting link:

  http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?action=browse&id=SpamIssue&revision=1

Imagine my surprise at seeing this! I am not sure who wrote it (daz?), but
actually I don't really care. Although, it seems I am being insinuated as the
potential "Great Graden Wiki Spam Artist". Lol! Sorry to disappoint folks,
but it ain't me.

But I can tell you this. I am quite dissappointed that the spamming problem
has not been satisfactorily dealt with yet. So much so that I now declaring
my intent to FIX IT. The plan is simple: any revision that adds an external
link will be denied --or perhaps better, honeypotted. If you want to add
external link(s) you'll have to email the administrator or official moderator
and ask that the link/links be added to the page. I doubt the email load this
will create will be very high especailly if spread out over a handful of
moderators. But if it does prove too much we can later add temporary
passwords (as in 48hrs) to let anyone do so via a special
(yet-to-be-determined) secure interface. Thats it. Problem solved.

So how should I proceed? Should I make a patch for Ruwiki? Or what?

T.

And BTW: I am not BillGuindon either.

--
( o _  елеще┴
 //    trans.

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
-Mark Twain