On Oct 20, 2004, at 10:43 AM, Curt Hibbs wrote:
> Yes, JavaScript is underrated. A lot of the things we do with Ruby can
> be
> done with JavaScript (its just not as clean).

Agreed.

> In fact, it was because of JavaScript that I found Ruby.

Same ... I really enjoyed doing web development in JS (client-side and
server-side via JS ASP), but I was tired of relying on IIS. I went
hunting for a new programming language that had strong OOP, dynamic
interpretation, and was open-source and multi-platform. I spent 3 weeks
evaluating SmallTalk, Python, and Ruby (in that order). I almost went
with Python when I found Zope. Then I got to Ruby.

Wow. It has surpassed my expectations and desires so very, very fully.
Yum.

--
"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only
think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the