James Britt wrote:

> Simon Strandgaard wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 20 October 2004 14:47, Curt Hibbs wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> >>So, I wanted to ask all of you, what would your answer be to
> the question
> >>"What is Ruby"?
> >

> > Ruby allows to you enhance the builtin string class with you
> own methods,
> > which you can invoke  "im a string".own_method
> >
> > Thats the sentence I use most.
> > I don't know if there are other languages that allow for this?
>
> JavaScript.
>
> Really.
>
> "JavaScript: It's sweeter than you think."

Yes, JavaScript is underrated. A lot of the things we do with Ruby can be
done with JavaScript (its just not as clean).

In fact, it was because of JavaScript that I found Ruby. After I came off a
large Mozilla-based project that was primarily written in JavaScript, I was
hooked on the dynamic typeless nature of JavaScript. But, I figured there
must be something better.

I decided to learn Python. But when I did my initial web searches for Python
info, I discovered Ruby... and the rest is history!

Curt