Daniel Berger wrote:

>After getting home from work today I tried again on my home machine.
>My "System" log has over 1700 messages in it, but a test script with
>no failure.  I intentionally wrote several hundred event log messages
>to my application log - about 2500 in total - and I still couldn't get
>it to fail.

My Application log (the one that I'm trying to work with) has 2084
records in it.

>So, my gut feeling now is that it's not the quantity of messages, but
>something about one message in particular that's causing it to crash.

I ran my test and wrote down the record number of the last one that
showed up in the file. I will wait a little while until there are some
more records (or I may add some myself...) and see if that number comes
up again.

Is there any way to just grab a particular record instead of iterating
the entire collection? I notice that the EventLog class doesn't mixin
Enumerable; was this by design or is it a consequence of having C code
underneath? Just wondering.

>Is there any chance you can narrow down a particular message it's
>failing on?  Is it always at the same point?  Perhaps something about
>the quantity or formatting of the event description is causing a
>problem.

I'll let you know as soon as I have some more results.

Joey