"Charles Hixson" <charleshixsn / earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:4172C21A.4050407 / earthlink.net...
> Robert Klemme wrote:
>
> > I always use the online doc at rubydoc.org.  Look for documentation of
> > classes Class and Module.
> >    robert
>
> There's documentation there, allright, but the methods seem to be a bit
> shy of definition...
> I can't even tell if any of the databases will accept integer values
> rather than string, much less object.  And many of the methods don't
> give any indication as to what the various parameters are supposed to
> look like method(p1, p2) isn't very explicit.  (I forget which method
> that was.  I was just checking out the site after your recommendation.)
>
> That said, SOME of the methods seem reasonably, or even well,
> documented.  Presumably this is an ongoing project, but for now it's not
> really suitable as a primary reference.  Example code is needed to fill
> in the gaps.  Methods that don't occur in the examples are likely to
> require digging into the source.

.... or resort to some other form of doc, maybe Pickaxe II.

I find this doc quite comprehensive:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Module.html#M000695
http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/UnboundMethod.html

Although I'd readily admit that the path from Class to Module is not very
apparent since the line "Parent Module" is quite small and can be easily
overseen.

Btw, I use the Ruby Sidebar which is quite useful:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docbar/toc_tut.html

Kind regards

    robert