On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> i just installed 1.8.2 and am having failure in a program which uses drbunix
> sockets.  what is happening is that objects passed to this object are using
> druby protocol to communicate and this hangs on my machine, which is severly
> firewalled.  i do not have time to investigate at this point, but this code
> has been working for months and nothing has changed - i would assume object
> passed to a drbunix protocol server should inherit the protocol of ther
> server
> no?  if not i have another bug.  sorry for shortage of details - but i'm
> heading to airport in matter of hours....

sorry to reply to my own messsage - but the above is not, in fact, correct.
the code has always been using druby for object passed between the drbunix
server and the client code.  now i have a bug ;-) so, how does one

   a) force all object passed between server and client to be marshaled vs
   being proxied via a druby:// handle

or

   b) for a drbunix server to use the drbunix protocal by default for all
   objects passed?

kind regards and sorry for noise.

-a