Hello Shashank,

> What databases are these? Are they heterogeneous?
They are either Oracle or MySQL, but we have several different
schema's and different servers - all intranet. The servers are all
Unix, but I have no Unix expertise myself, and I just query them as
remote databases using JDBC/ODBC or whatever other interface layer is
available in the language I use.

> Is using the Scheduler an option?
Maybe.. I didn't know there was a Ruby Scheduler

> How about CSV files (or Excel Spread-sheets)?
Useful extension.. plain old text would do as a start

> No problem there. We use the "blat" utility although I
> think it can be done using pure Ruby just as easily.
...blat? I assume this is a Unix utility?

<snip>
> You've come to the right place. Welcome !!!
Thanks...

> If you could be more specific in what you want I would
> gladly share my experience (and some code too).
> Feel free to ask ...
As a beginner .. that would be a great start for me. I think my
requirements are a bit clearer now, and these needn't be long
(Ruby) scripts or a complex setup I assume.

--
Best regards,
 Graham