On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 03:31:52 +0900, Markus <markus / reality.com> wrote:
> > >      Why the rabid objection to people putting broccoli on their
> > > sandwiches if they like it?
> >
> > Because people are putting sandwitches everywhere, and a lot of us are
> > forced to eat other people's for a variety of reasons.
>
>      But this is exactly the point I don't get.  Who is forcing you?

Employers, generally.

> Do they have a gun?

No, they can only deny me food, so it's slower than that....

> If I write something you find distasteful, and even
> post it on the web, are you required to use it?  Even if millions of
> others like it a start to use it, you don't have to if you don't want
> to.

I work in contexts where I have to accomplish things, and where I
cannot make all choices on my own.  If I had infinite time, enough
food,  and wasn't trying to get anything specific done, sure, I'd have
that choice.

Alas, I have to eat, and I'm only getting 86401 (or less) seconds per
day, and I've got stuff I want done.  All of this cooperate to force
some of my choices.

Eivind.
--
Hazzle free packages for Ruby?