Eivind Eklund wrote:

> All of these "lonely constants and variables" seems ... wrong.
> Wouldn't they be better off as methods on an object?

I guess so. That would, I guess, mean creating a ModemMonitor class
(derived from a MonitorServiceClass?), but you'd still need to put the
initialization values somewhere where they could be edited for script
application on different systems.

Has anyone created a YAML.rb derived class for config files? That would
pull those 'lonely' variables out into a separate file?