On Oct 12, 2004, at 07:39, Florian Gross wrote:

>> When test/unit2 appears, tests will become even more like
>> documentation.
>
> I'm interested: What will it change?

Well, the current plan is to let you to do something like this:

   class Adder
     include Testing

     # Adds two numbers
     example { assert_equal(2, Adder.new.add(1, 1)) }
     def add(a, b)
       a + b

Examples will then be collected and run as tests when you're in testing
mode, and (eventually) RDoc will understand the example blocks, so we
can get output like this:

   add(a, b)

   Adds two numbers

     Adder.new.add(1, 1)   => 2

I haven't yet had a chance to look through your test extractor (though
I was encouraged to pursue this idea by it), but from a cursory survey
it seems to take quite a different approach. Can you compare the
approaches?

HTH,

Nathaniel
Terralien, Inc.