On Wednesday 13 October 2004 05:25 am, Andrew Walrond wrote:
| On Tuesday 12 Oct 2004 06:30, trans.  (T. Onoma) wrote:
| > (I have one major caveat about Rubyx though, I don't like how all the
| > "packages" are stuffed into that one script.)
|
| No longer the case :)

Ooo.. that's promising.

I tired to download using ww. It took ~24 hours to download cd iso, but when
it finished it gave:

  0 remaining
  ww.execute() caught an unexpected exception: Loader exited due to error:
  Extracted file digest is incorrect: rubyx-82-i386-cd.iso

So I do not have much hope that it will work. I don't know the details but it
sure would be nice if it could go back and fix itself, (rsync?) or something.

Have you considered trying linuxiso.org? Maybe they will mirror a copy.

Also, I found article on chrooting services that you might be interested in:

  http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/January2002/article225.shtml

I know Rubyx does something like this for building software, I wondered if it
did so for running services too --might be nice.

Thanks,
T.