I'm running ruby 1.6.2 on Windows 2000 and on Windows NT service pack 4.

I've had no problems running Net::FTP, Net:HTTP and I am using some other
socket applications.  The only little problem I ran into was on Windows
NT.  Same problem on several machines using recvfrom.  Although I supplied
a byte count to read.  The function returned without reading that number of
bytes.  Another call to recvfrom with the remaining bytes (calculated as
the difference between the bytes read and the required bytes read cured
that problem).

Of course I'm not using cygwin.

Ernie