Hi,

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:31:25 +0900, Kaspar Schiess <eule / space.ch> wrote:

> Joao Pedrosa wrote:
>
> | I hope someone can color "my life" a little bit, and I'm sure
> | there are more people that will be happy with it as well.
>
> Another reply to your mail, once I get to reconsider:
>
> You are probably launching yourself into web application programming
> with Ruby. Some advices if this is the case:
> ~ * Minimize the Ruby code mix with HTML. This not only for syntax
> highlighting reasons.

I agree.

> ~ * Think of using the frameworks (Rails, Borges, .. )

I agree, but WEBrick is cool enough that I want to investigate it more. :-)

> ~ * Think of using database connection frameworks on the level above DBI
> ~   (This should be standard by now).

I agree.

> Sorry if any of these advices find you informed or even in opposite
> opinion.

Thanks for them.

> As to the modifications to the SciTE lexer you requested: I probably
> won't make them before a long time, since there are still a number of
> problems in the existing lexer. Ruby is such a complex language to parse ...

I can imagine. And Neil Hodgson (SciTE) said that Scintilla has some
limitation which would make it harder to support another language
similarly to PHP, for example. He is working on the next generation of
Scintilla, which has better support for mixing different "styles", but
I don't have idea of when it's going to be ready.

Thanks,
Joao