On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Dick Davies wrote:

> * Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov <Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov> [1014 23:14]:
>> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Dick Davies wrote:
>>
>>> Just a guess, but is there a /usr/lib/libpq.so there (symlinked to the
>>> above
>>> )? If not, try making one.
>>
>> that was it alright.  i was staring right at that and didn't see it - odd
>> that
>> the default system install would be like that eh?
>
> Depends on the system :)
>
> If it's a Linux you often need to run ldconfig to redo the links after
> installing new software...

right - what i was getting at is that my postgresql install on this box is the
one that came with the system and i have not installed it.  so either the
intial install is incorrect or something else strange happened.  if history is
any indicator i probably messed it up somehow ;-)

thanks for the help.

-a