Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb / NASA.Gov> writes:

> I am mostly autoconf-ignorant.  I this version dependency something
> that autoconf could be trained to detect?

      Autoconf should detect correct OpenSSL compilation defines, so that
      it builds ruby openssl with the features that are available OpenSSL
      package. I think your error is caused by mismatched openssl headers.
      Ruby autoconf finds that there is engine member available, but in
      compilation phase the error occurs.
      You could check if you have multiple openssl.h in your compilation
      environment and delete unnecessary ones.

 - Ville