On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: 1.8.2 [WAS] Re: TempFile"
>    on Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:24:36 +0900, Ara.T.Howard / noaa.gov writes:
>
> |would you say it should be safe to move from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2 without extensive
> |testing? meaning are there known incompatibilities, or only
> |fixes/improvments/additions?
>

> It should be, except for yield semantics, which I still need to examine.

can you expand (or provide reference for me to read)?

> If you see problems with 1.8.2 previews, any report will be appreciated
> greatly.

for the last few weeks all of our hardware and software has done nothing but
break.  i'd be happy to move 1.8.2 straight into production and see what
happens - it can't get any worse.  ;-)

should c extensions be recompiled? - of course i will do so anyhow...

-a