On Monday, October 11, 2004, 9:19:57 AM, Mauricio wrote:

>> It's gem-only at the moment.  Within a few days, I'll release 1.0.1
>> complete with tarball, and see its way clear to the RPA.  For now,
>> though, it's 4am and I'm off to bed.

> I've been waiting until the weekend was over to see if you released
> 1.0.1 :)

And I was waiting for your comments (not necessarily your actions)
before doing so :)  Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

> I know several people were waiting for this to enter RPA so I
> tried to repackage the gem. I have to thank you for following
> (maybe unknowingly) most of the good practices described in
> http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?GoodPractices ; this made
> repackaging your gem easier.

I try my best :)

> Plz find below a minor patch I had to apply to make the documentation
> generator work (I have removed the RPA specific part).

This makes me curious.  Reading through the RPA transcript, it's not
clear that the non-RDoc documentation is actually built.  There's
copious details of everything else, yet no mention of that.  Yet the
dev-utils RPA, as opposed to the dev-utils gem, specifies a dependency
on cstemplate and redcloth.  Are they actually used?

This is interesting as a matter of packaging policy.  I'd like to
assist users in building local documentation, but in this era of
universal Internet access, people (I think) tend to just hit the
website, which has exactly the same information.

Cheers,
Gavin

BTW, I can't install dev-utils with rpa-base 0.2.2.  I know earlier
versions had an issue with Cygwin, but thought that was resolved.
Besides, I don't see any error messages during the install:

$ rpa install dev-utils
Installing ports
Getting port dev-utils from http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/dev-utils_1.0-1.rps.
100% [========================================] 30720 bytes
Building dev-utils (1.0-1).
Installing pre-dependencies cstemplate redcloth.
Reusing cached package /usr/local/lib/ruby/rpa0.0/packages/cstemplate_0.5.1-3_i686-pc-cygwin.rpa.
Starting lightweight (metadata only) transaction for cstemplate
Checking for file conflicts in cstemplate.
Starting transaction for cstemplate
Package /usr/local/lib/ruby/rpa0.0/packages/cstemplate_0.5.1-3_i686-pc-cygwin.rpa unpacked.
Finished transaction for cstemplate
Finished lightweight (metadata only) transaction for cstemplate
Reusing cached package /usr/local/lib/ruby/rpa0.0/packages/redcloth_2.0.11-2_i686-pc-cygwin.rpa.
Starting lightweight (metadata only) transaction for redcloth
Checking for file conflicts in redcloth.
Starting transaction for redcloth
Package /usr/local/lib/ruby/rpa0.0/packages/redcloth_2.0.11-2_i686-pc-cygwin.rpa unpacked.
Finished transaction for redcloth
Finished lightweight (metadata only) transaction for redcloth
Building dependencies extensions.
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rpa/helper.rb:513: warning: Insecure world writable dir /d/Softwar
e/MikTex/Main/miktex, mode 040777
Generating RI data files.
Generating RDoc HTML documentation.

$ rpa list
Installed ports:
4 stopped transaction(s):
cstemplate 0.5.1-3 metadata
cstemplate 0.5.1-3 cleanup
redcloth 2.0.11-2 metadata
redcloth 2.0.11-2 cleanup

Restoring state...
Restoring state...
Restoring state...
Restoring state...
rpa-base         0.2.2-1  A port/package manager for the Ruby Production Archive (RPA)