Well...no one seems to have posted a Quiz solution.

I'm sorry that it didn't seem to catch people's fancy. To help figure
out what makes a good quiz:
Was the question too hard, too long, or too boring to tackle and solve?
Or was it perhaps not specified/described well enough?

For the curious, I've posted and described my own solution here:
http://phrogz.net/CSS/Geodesics/FindingFaces.html

I've also rolled the new code into my Geodesics library, including
little features (good for testing solutions) like finding the normal
for faces and then deciding if that normal is inward- or
outward-pointing. The core face-subdividing code is at the bottom of
the previous url, the full code is at
http://phrogz.net/RubyLibs/Geodesic.rb

I apologize if people didn't find this quiz enticing enough. Please do
let us know what kept you from tackling/solving it, so better quizzes
can be made in the future.

--