Phil Tomson wrote:

> Since it's for Tycho, wouldn't it be better to have a Ruby implementation
> (or Ruby with an extention of some sort) so you don't have to rely on
> having Java installed as well?

That would be good, but I'm not the guy to write it. :/

> Also, maybe there are easier ways of acheiving a similar effect to this
> hyperbolic view (which does seem fairly compute intensive)?  For example,
> couldn't you just view a variable number of levels from the center of your
> tree view (so when you zoom in, you get more levels and when you zoom out
> you get less)?

That is a very interesting idea.

> Sure it sounds cool, but I'm just not sure that the hyperbolic view adds
> that much advantage for a user interface...  There's probably an easier
> way.

Well, bottom line, I'm half-dreaming. A hyperbolic view is not on my list
of top 20 things to do for Tycho.

Of course, I'm curious to see how it would look/feel. But it would be an
alternative interface at best, I think, not the main one.

Hal