It can be done. But it won't be easy in such a short time frame.

If I may make a suggestion, you might be better off using Zope. I might get
flamed for saying that here. But truth be told Zope is pretty good sh*t for
these types of apps, and with a bit of effort you could have a working
version in short order, a couple of weeks even. And it's great for
collaboration. Even your lazy friend might help ;)

Which reminds me, David have you considered merging Rails and Instiki into one
entity to make a Zope killer? Get the Rope! It's hanging time ;)

T.

--
( o _  елеще┴
 //    trans.

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
-Mark Twain