In article <41684A67.5000306 / hypermetrics.com>,
Hal Fulton  <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote:
>Phil Tomson wrote:
>>
>> Can't a lot of the same functionality be acheived with GraphViz?
>
>I wasn't aware GraphViz could do hyperbolic trees?? If it can, that's great.

No, not hyperbolic trees.  However it can represent trees graphically.  I
only glanced briefly at the page you referenced, but it seemed (from
looking at an example) that you could get some _similar_ functionality
from GraphViz.  I'm not entirely sure I grok the difference with
hyperbolic trees; I was thinking that it was just another algorithm for
representing the tree graphially.

>> Also, are there any C/C++ libraries for doing this?  It would probably be
>> a lot easier to Swig a C/C++ library than to try to interact Java.
>
>There's a commercial one from inxight.com, license around $25,000 or so,
>I think.

Yow.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Phil