see inline ->

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 18:34:42 +0900, Friedrich Dominicus
<just-for-news-frido / q-software-solutions.de> wrote:
> Eric Merritt <cyberlync / gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> >  I am slowly working through creating a C extension for ruby. There
> > are a couple of methods that would fit more correctly in existing
> > classes (specifically String and a few others). This is very easy to
> > do in Ruby, however, it I can't seem to find the way to go about it in
> > C. Any help would be appreciated.
> I may missing something but what about
> rb_define_method.

 no, no. lol. I get this.

> Get a handle to the String class and use rb_define_method

 Thats the question, how do you get a handle to an existing class. I
see plenty of documentation on how to create a class, but not how to
get a handle on an existing class.

-eric

--
I'm a programmer, I don't have to spell correctly; I just have to
spell consistently