Hi Paul,

  Funny you should ask!  I'm doing pretty much the same thing you're
planning to do.  I'm hoping to get permission to open-source my code in the
next week or so; I'll drop you a line when I do.  The script recorder
certainly won't be finished then, but any help anyone wanted to give would
be most appreciated.

  BTW, I think I've come up with a way to figure these interfaces out.
Unfortunately, it doesn't involve ruby. :-(  I'm going to put together an
HTML page with all the controls I care about, then run it through a python
program that will output all the connection points for those controls.  Then
I'll use the discovered interfaces in the ruby-based script recorder.
Python's COM support includes low-level stuff like QueryInterface that I
haven't been able to figure out with WIN32OLE. Any port in a storm, I
guess... :-)

Will

"Paul" <paul.rogers / shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:4ee21163.0410071902.7c89b437 / posting.google.com...
> Will, can I ask what you aredoing with these interfaces? Im working on
> a new version of some code that we use to test web applications via
> IEs OLE interface and DOM.
> One of the things Im hoping to do is a script recorder, and these
> events would be essential in letting me recoed a users actions
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

news:<ck3ku6$m36$1 / license1.unx.sas.com>...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/mshtml/reference/events/events.asp
> > > for other interfaces - such as HTMLAnchorEvents.
> > >
> > > ie.document.all.each { |element|
> > >     if element.tagName == 'A'
> > >         ev = WIN32OLE_EVENT.new(element, 'HTMLAnchorEvents')
> > >         ev.on_event {|*args|
> > >             p args
> > >         }
> > >     end
> > > }
> > >
> > > "Will Gwaltney" <will.gwaltney / sas.com> wrote in message
> >  news:<ck13hq$fog$1 / license1.unx.sas.com>...
DHTML
> >  identifying
> >  documentation
HTMLElementEvents2