vruz wrote:

>> QtRuby runs on Mac OS X and Linux fine, but would need a little work to
>> port to on Windows. I don't have a Windows Qt development environment and
>> so I can't do the that myself.
>>
>> -- Richard
>
> Richard,  do you know Jaroslaw Staniek from the Kexi project ?
> (js on irc.freenode.net #kexi)
> He ported Kexi to Windows and I have to say the results are impressive.
> In order to do that he ported part of the GPL QT,  and also parts of KDE.
> (not sure what's the build process like, it must be something really
> weird, I'm sure, but I can tell it WORKS)
>
> A screenshot of Kexi/KDE running on my winbox:
> http://www.vworkers.com/vruz/stuff/screenshots/kexi.png
>
> Maybe there's some potential for synergy there.
Well, if I start working on a GPL'd Windows version it would kill any chance
of there ever being a commercial version of QtRuby. That's because strictly
speaking, you can't start developing some GPL'd Qt software, and then do a
commercial version (it's against the commercial license terms). So I would
need Trolltech's goodwill. Currently I have that, and they think dynamic
languages will be more important in the future. Helping out with any sort
of GPL'd Qt Windows software would not be popular with the Trolls. Perhaps
the Kexi guy has a commercial Qt license already, so it wouldn't be a
problem for him.

-- Richard