vruz wrote:

>> I am beginning to extend KDevelop's Ruby project definition to include
>> support for dynamic class stores, code completion, call tips, and QTRuby
>> widget bindings. I want to ensure that I'm not duplicating work. If
>> there is anyone else out there working on this, please contact me.
>
> If you haven't already done so, you should check the excellent work of
> Richard Dale and Alexander Kellet with Korundum/QTruby.
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/korundum/
>
> Integrating KDevelop and QTDesigner with  rbuic and other niceties
> that come with Korundum would be a great idea.
> Decent Ruby highlighting and code folding for Kate/Kedit/kpart would be a
> plus. best,
Yes, a Korundum project template would be nice. There are some app templates
under korundum/rubylib/templates that might be a good starting point. I'm
happy to help translating any KDevelop C++ project templates into ruby. The
QtRuby one is just a hello world at the moment. I think getting rbuic
working with KDevelop should be just a matter of having a simple makefile
to compile the .ui file to ruby.

I'd like to wrap the KDevelop plugin api with the Smoke library that
Korundum uses, so you could write KDevelop plugins in ruby. I've done some
experiments with that, and the tool that generates Smoke parses the
KDevelop headers fine.

-- Richard