Abe, hi,

mailinglist_abe / yahoo.com (mailinglist_abe / yahoo.com) wrote:
> Hey, I've been an avid reader of the Why's Poignant Guide to Ruby ever since
> I discovered it (poignantguide.net), but while the material is excellent, it
> is reduced in effectiveness because I'm reasonably certain that the writer
> doesn't run (verbatim anyway) the code that he puts in some of the
> tutorials.

Many of the examples in chapter five have little problems.  A few of
them I am replacing completely.  Please pardon me, there's so much to
making it all cohesive.  Yeah, I'm glad you poked your head out and said
so.  I wasn't aware of the problems in this section.

Give the code Markus has provided (thanks markus) a try and let me know.
It'd be great if you could come join the poignant guide discussion list
so I can followup on thiis and other readers can check in and maybe
they've had the same deal.