Gavin Sinclair [mailto:gsinclair / soyabean.com.au] wrote:

> I'm getting lost again.  What is it that Windows users care
> or not care about? :)

w regards to packaging/deployment? Nothing. Only admins care on deployment.

and pls, for package makers, make gui-packagers a last priority.

Packagers are like installers, and, as such, must be:

1. robust
2. able to provide rollbacks
3. lean/light
4. capable for remote/central deployment
5. must run in almost all platforms (and platforms of diff vers)
6. capable of being hook in nms like openiew/sms/tivoli...

#3 to #6 are main reasons I do not like gui packagers :-(

> Gavin

kind regards -botp