Hello,

On Wednesday, October 6, 2004, at 09:30  PM, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> I'm getting lost again.  What is it that Windows users care or not
> care about? :)

I use ruby on windows. I

* am frightened of integration with the registry
* am moderately excited about rubygems package management capabilities
* would like to be able to install rubygems w/out package management,
w/out rubygems

To me, the important concern is that packages and metadata be saved in
a form that is  usable from many different angles.  I've joined the
rubygems devel list, and I will report on some spikes I will try over
there.

This is a coding standards problem.  I'll suggest a standard when I
have a better idea than the current incarnation of rubygems.

Cheers,

Patrick