On 10/6/04 11:42 AM, "Eivind Eklund" <eeklund / gmail.com> wrote:

> If we can make this possible, it would be great - I think it could
> help raise adoption of Ruby a lot.  Conversely, if we make this
> harder, we lower the adoption.

I think you are ignoring a very important platform...Win32.  Realize that
Ruby is a very effective language for folks that merely want to automate
their platform, and most computer users are running Win32 (unfortunate, but
true).  For them, they want binary versions of libraries and a graphical
installer.  RubyGems does support win32, and will include a GUI for gems
management.

-rich