> As Jamis pointed out in his talk, Copland is useful when you have many
> layers of dependencies and don't want to worry about how everything fits
> together and gets initialized, but I just don't typically have code that
> fits that description (and for the dependencies I do have, I find
> explicitly representing them through parameters to the constructor, as
> above, to be good enough for many situations, without resorting to a
> more complex solution).

Sometimes lightweight IoC is also useful in highly componentized apps
such as IDEs.
Apart from Copland, Jamis has also proposed another, lighter approach
to IoC as an RCR, to be included with Ruby, and that's probably more
suitable for environments where Copland feels like an overkill.
Jamis called his reference implementation "pubsub", and I added some
comments to this (hopefully) useful RCR at:

http://rcrchive.net/rcr/RCR/RCR198

cheers,

--
--- vruz