Hi all:

I was just at Amazon looking at the reviews for Programming Ruby, and
frankly, they suck. To be more accurate, they are more negative about Ruby
than about the book.

For example, here are three of the four reviews:

I am not sure the world really needs another
programming language and doubtful that this
one will go very far. - Greg Tomkins

I was expecting to like the language--advertised as a
more object-oriented version of Python--but was rather
disappointed. - A reader from Palo Alto, CA

I have nothing to say about this book that is any
different from the other reviewers. - Vishkal K. Sharma

Now everyone has there right to an opinion, but I think that the above is
a minority...but a vocal minority.

I would suggest that some in this community add their 'positive' review at
Amazon. If I knew nothing of Ruby and just read the reviews at Amazon, I
would not buy the book or try to learn the language. I'm not suggesting
all out advocacy, just more well informed reviews and objective comments.

Cheers

Jim Freeze
jim / freeze.org
"So, it should be relatively easy ... this is the phrase
I use when someone else is the most obvious person to do
something."
      Harry Ohlsen