I am using 1.6.2 on both Redhat 6.1 and Redhat 7.0.

I am using the TCPServer class to accept incomming TCP requests.
Each request is allocated a new thread and deals with the incomming message.

The problem is -

In RH6.1 two file descriptors are opened for the TCPServer Class (as seen in
/proc/xxx/fd) and extras are opened for each accepted connection and freed
once the connection is closed.
In RH7.0 every call to recvfrom() for the accepted connection creates a new
fd!  These go on being opened (and never freed) until the kernel limit is
reached - throwing and exception.

Sounds like a difference in the kernel socket code to me but can someone
assure me I am not barking up the wrong tree.

Ta.

Chris.