Shashank Date wrote:

> hi,
>
> --- SER <ser / germane-software.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > In other words, to compile
> > Ruby bindings, is it *required* to use the compiler
> > that was used to compile the Ruby interpreter?
>
> I believe the one-click installer was built using VC++
> 7.0 and if that is true then yes, to expect your
> compiled Ruby bindings to work with the Ruby
> interepreter you have to compile it using that
> compiler. I know that Ruby compiled with VC++ 6.0 was
> also compatible with MSYS+MingW but I am not sure how
> far it is true now.

The one-click installer was built with vc++ 7.1. Theoretically I MinGW build
is compatible, but I'm not sure how true that is in practice as there can be
subtle differences. For example, the FreeRIDE debugger works only when the
installer is compiled with vc++ 7.0 or 7.1. When its compiled with vc++ 6.0
the FreeRIDE debugger does not work. Don't know why???

Curt