hi,

--- SER <ser / germane-software.com> wrote:
<snip>

> In other words, to compile
> Ruby bindings, is it *required* to use the compiler
> that was used to compile the Ruby interpreter?

I believe the one-click installer was built using VC++
7.0 and if that is true then yes, to expect your
compiled Ruby bindings to work with the Ruby
interepreter you have to compile it using that
compiler. I know that Ruby compiled with VC++ 6.0 was
also compatible with MSYS+MingW but I am not sure how
far it is true now.

-- shanko