> I hope I can make it to the '05 conference. Again, Chad, David and all
> the
> presenters deserve a huge round of applause for all the work they put
> in.
> Thanks guys!

Thanks for the kind words, Hunter.

I'd also like to chime in with my deep appreciation of all the work
that was done by the super-team of organizers, the engageing
presenters, and all the attendees.

I meet so many cool people and had so many inspirational talks that my
head is still buzzing. I can't wait to implement more of the ideas that
flowed through the room in the fantastic three days.

In the Rails world, the conference had directly working code produced
on these fronts:

* An OLE-based Microsoft SQL Server adapter by a J2EE veteran that had
just started to look at Ruby (on Rails). I apologies for forgetting the
name :(.

* An updated SQLite adapter by the ever producing Jamis Buck that'll
work with both the 1.x and 2.x series of his SQLite-ruby database
bindings.

* An alternative to the ERb-based view format in Action View based on
Jim Weirich's really cool Builder project. Which mean you can program a
view instead of marking it up (and you'll be able to mix and match, so
using a programmed view for RSS while still using ERb for regular HTML
for example).

...in addition to that, I had some talks with Eric Saul about
implementing Web Services support in Rails. We'll see how that works
out. But the working stuff should all be to find in the next version of
Rails that'll be coming out fairly shortly.

Thanks again to everyone at the conference. I can't wait to redo it all
again next year.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.rubyonrails.org/  -- Web-application framework for Ruby