James Britt wrote:

> I've recently looked into using this shh library on Win2k, but have run
> into a problem.  When running even simple code, I get a message box that
> tells  me, "The ordinal 2586 could not be located in the dynamic link
> library LIBEAY32.dll"
>
> Does anyone know what causes this error, and how to fix it?

Jamis Buck, who just happens to be sitting in front of me here at
RubyConf2004, has informed me that this is an issue related to
openssl.so on Win32, so investigated a bit.

I found this site
http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

and installed  "Win32 OpenSSL v0.9.7d"

I told the installer to overwrite the existing libs when prompted.

I now get different errors, but they make more sense.

James Brit