Alexander Kellett wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 06:36:23AM +0900, MiG wrote:
>> One example is better than 10GB manual :-) so I please anyone to write
>> preferably complete tutorial. I think ruby+kde/qt+xml could be VERY
>> powerful thing but people are lazy and want to learn everything as soon
>> as possible. Usually the best thing is not the winning :-(
>> If I'll tell my chief about Korundum, he would probably say that's
>> great but without manual we will prefer Java in the future.
>
> you make an excellent point.
> i'm in a mood to improve my ability
> to write english and to improve a few
> little qt/ruby apps that i made. i'll
> do a full tutorial on the development
> of a given application. i've never
> used qtdesigner either. so the tutorial
> will be written from the point of a
> newbie for a newbie :)
All I've done is take existing .ui files and make sure they can either be
compiled to ruby with the rbuic tool, or read in at runtime via
QUI::WidgetFactory.create. I'm a newbie too. So we really do need examples.
Is there a Qt Designer tutorial that could be translated from C++ to ruby
like I did with the cannon game tutorial? Thats a lot easier than starting
from scratch.

I find the Qt Designer UI takes a bit of getting used to. I was expecting to
be able to drag widgets off the palette like you can in Apple's Interface
Builder. Instead you click on the widget on the palette, and it puts the
cursor in 'place widget' mode. It took me about 10 mins to work out what
that was about. If you double click on the palette it gets stuck in 'place
widget' mode..

-- Richard