Massimiliano Mirra - bard <mmirra / libero.removethis.it> wrote:

> I'd be curious to know, provided it lies close enough to the
> consciousness level, why 1..5 brings to your mind the idea of
> exclusive whereas 1...5 brings to your mind the idea of inclusive.

On 1st pass, with little prior knowledge to influence it (my perl was
years ago), I assumed "one more dot means one more digit".  It was as
simple as that.

Of course, then I read the docs, found out I was wrong, and retrained
my brain.  Now I read it as "up to" and "up to, but not including"
(which is a hell of a lot to hang on one dot).

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)