On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 10:24:59PM +0900, Lyle Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:38:51 +0900, Jamis Buck <jgb3 / email.byu.edu> wrote:
>
> > (Incidentally, the examples would do well to just say 'require "fox"',
> > instead of the explicit rubygems dependency...)
>
> Yes, that's being fixed for the next release. I didn't understand what
> RubyGems' stub libraries were at the time I wrote the examples that
> way,

RubyGems doesn't use stubs anymore; it redefines Kernel#require to
search the "gem dirs" at require time. I believe it's a good idea not
to add  require 'rubygems'  to the examples anyway: the user can
set RUBYOPT as needed.

--
Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com