On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:30:51 +0900, Zach Dennis <zdennis / mktec.com> wrote:

> How range operators work seems sort of backwards to me. It would appear
> as if the "..." (three dots) would be the inclusive one, including the
> last value and the ".." (two dots) would be exclusive and exclude the
> last value.
>
> Am I off in my own little world here or have others pondered this?
> (Perhaps it has been brought up before?) I am not requesting a change on
> this, I am merely pointing out what seems unnatural in a very natural
> language.

Yep, at first glance I read the dots as "up to" and "up to including".
 Took a bit to reverse that to "up to excluding".  It wasn't intuitive
for me.

Given the choices of reversing it, losing the '...' or leaving it
alone, I'd probably go with leave it alone.  I've already paid the
price of learning it, and I have used it, so might as well keep it.

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)