On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:28:07 +0900, Gavin Kistner <gavin / refinery.com> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2004, at 7:12 AM, Chris Pine wrote:
>
> So if we were deprecating duplicates, I vote to get rid of #map.
> (This is the part where 100 rubyists say "No! #collect sucks, #map is
> king!" and my entire argument for less duplication is shot down by the
> fact that people like different things.)

Being a Haskell programmer, I prefer map to collect. Actually, the
name "map" makes more sense to me than "collect". To many names for
the same thing can make newcomers' life a bit confusing, but after a
while you get rid of duplicates in your own mind and settle down to
the ones you like the most.

Regards,
Ed
--
" Don't relax!  It's only your tension that's holding you together."