On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:00:45 +0900, Jamis Buck <jgb3 / email.byu.edu> wrote:

> Having some troubles getting FXRuby to work for me. Any script that I
> run that uses fxruby (including the examples in the FXRuby distribution)
> will hang on the "require 'fox'" line.
>
> Has anyone seen this before? I'm at a loss. :(

Me too. I don't have access to a Gentoo system, but things work fine
under my olden Red Hat 9 install. And I suspect I would have heard
from some other Linux users if this were a widespread problem.

Can you even load FXRuby from irb, e.g. start irb and then do "require 'fox'"?

> On a somewhat-related note: I can't seem to install FXRuby via the gem,
> either -- it croaks with an error:

There may have been some changes with the latest RubyGems release that
break backwards-compatibility? Again, haven't seen this problem with
RubyGems 0.7 and earlier.